Available at Ashworth College:Career Diploma in Heating & Air Conditioning
Our Heating and Air Conditioning course gives you the ideal start to a busy, in-demand career. HVAC online training is flexible and convenient, teaching you about HVAC components, tools, diagnostics, installation and repair in the comfort of home.
Study Method: Textbooks with Online Exams
Program Length: As few as 6 Months
What You’ll Learn
Our HVAC online training consist of 19 specialized lessons and, once you graduate, you’ll be set up to write the EPA s.608 certification exam, successful completion of which will satisfy the federal government’s refrigerant handling qualifications applicable to residential and commercial air conditioner technicians. Your lessons guide you from fundamental concepts to more challenging, hands-on skills. Practical review exercises help reinforce key topics, including how to…
- Install and troubleshoot valves, compressors, water chillers, thermostats and heat pumps
- Fix defective connections, controls and switches
- Adjust refrigerant levels
- Work with gas, oil and electric heat
- Apply successful soldering and brazing techniques
What You Get
Begin our HVAC online training on your terms. Study at your own pace and get assistance when you need it. We’ve removed the obstacles so you can move ahead fast!
Air conditioning training courses at Ashworth College make the subject come alive. Your tuition covers:
- Comprehensive HVAC lesson book and study guides
- Starter set of tools
- Digital Multimeter (Graduation Gift)
- Online open-book exams
- A 12 page EPA s.608 study guide issued by the ESCO Institute ($12.95 value)
- A $75 voucher that will cover all or some of the cost of writing the core section as well as sections one, two and three of EPA S.608 certification exam at the ESCO Institute proctored location nearest you
- Dedicated academic support and tutoring
- Participation in the Student Community
- Career services powered by CareerBuilder®
Graduates of our HVAC online training receive a personalized diploma and may attend our annual graduation ceremony. You’ll be ready to move forward in the HVAC profession, whether you want to start as an apprentice, work for a franchise or start your own business.